Pages

Monday 21 November 2011

Tournaments, Necrons and Gauss, oh my!

So, recently I have decided to enter into a 500pt doubles tournament at Warhammer world. Its a local GW store based thing, where 2-3 coaches worth of guys travel down from where I'm based in Scotland and we play a few rounds of 40k with our friends at the best warhammering place in the world.

I'm having a lot of trouble with my White Scorpions - Basically I can't get the damn things to look the way I want them to when I am building and converting them, and when I do I cant decide on a proper paint recipe. So, rather than struggle to get 500pts done in time, or do 500pts I am not happy with, I decided to start afresh and do some of those shiny shiny new Necrons.



So, 500pts of Necrons. My list:

Overlord w/ Warscythe, Command Barge
5x Immortals - Tesla
11x Warriors
Annihilation Barge

Which comes to roughly 500pts. Fairly balanced list, plenty of delicious Tesla, and not too many models for me to paint in time.

So, the painting part, I've spent the last week or so messing around with the Plastic overlord you get in the Command Barge box, and here are the results:





Fairly pleased with the green glowy bits on his war-scythe and orbs, but still need to work on the crystal effect on his shoulder plates, that hasn't come through the way I wanted it to. Next up is the Command Barge, so will update that on here as it comes.

Oh, in case you missed it, I put up a magnetisation tutorial on MWC the other day for the Command/Annihilation Barge, so lemme know what you think there as well.

Cheers guys!

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that that's a splendid paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, will post up a guide to my colours soon, as well as the rest of the finished army and a report of the tourney :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bum, do more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete